John On The Issues
Strong Fiscal Conservative
• As a small business owner for 24 years, John knows the struggles small businesses face. He supports and has consistently voted for tax cuts and smaller government. He understands that government intrusion only hurts small business owners.
• John has voted against and will continue to oppose all anti-market, pro-big government legislation including cap and trade, Card Check, President Obama’s stimulus plans and the Cash for Clunkers program.
• John understands that your tax dollars are not his money, which is why he has returned over $1 million of the operating budget for his Congressional office back to you. He is committed to cutting government spending and reducing government waste.
In detail: Tax Relief For All Arkansans
In detail: Balanced Budget And Economic Prosperity
Responsible Health Care Reformer
• As a healthcare provider for over 20 years, John understands the need for healthcare reform. However, he is adamantly opposed to government-run healthcare, which is why he voted AGAINST Obamacare and supports its repeal and replacing it with responsible reform.
• John seeks to improve care and create affordable access through free-market reforms such as opening up competition; allowing us all to buy insurance across state lines; and letting small businesses pool their resources to get the best health care plans for their employees.
Family Man With Conservative Values
• As a husband and father, John believes that parents raise better kids than governments do, life begins at conception, marriage is between one man and one woman, and that without the Second Amendment all our other rights are not inalienable.
• As the son of a Master Sergeant in the Air Force, John has enormous respect for those who have served our nation in uniform. As a member of the House Veterans Affairs Committee, John has worked to improve the benefits and local facilities for veterans.
• As a former rancher, John understands that agriculture is more than a business. It is a way of life. Supporting Arkansas’s farmers, ranchers and related service industries has always been at the top of his priority list and will continue to be in the future.
• John strongly believes we must strengthen our borders and enforce our immigration laws to prevent individuals from entering our country illegally. He opposes amnesty and will continue to fight for English as our official language.
In Detail: Protecting Second Amendment Rights
In Detail: Keeping Our Promise to Our Veterans
In Detail: Supporting Arkansas’s Agricultural Community
In Detail: Protecting Family Values